We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website at http://www.hookup.auction/ and any associated application (our “site”) and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
- Information About Us
Our site is owned and operated by HA Dating Ltd, a UK Limited company registered in England under company number 10585864, with a registered office address at 237 Westcombe Hill, Blackheath, London, United Kingdom, SE3 7DW.
- Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by our site, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to us using it for the purposes set out in section 4, for example, when signing up for an account with us. Depending upon your use of our site, we may collect some or all of the following data:
- 3.1 date of birth;
- 3.2 gender;
- 3.3 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 3.4 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 3.5 any other information you enter into forms on our site, including information you provide us with registering to use our site and information you post when creating a profile or uploading other content to the site;
- 3.6 IP address (automatically collected);
- 3.7 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 3.8 operating system (automatically collected);
- 3.9 a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- 4.1 All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 5, below.
- 4.2 We use your data to provide the best possible service to you. This may include:
- 4.2.1 Providing and managing your account;
- 4.2.2 Providing and managing your access to our site;
- 4.2.3 Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site;
- 4.2.4 Supplying our service to you;
- 4.2.5 Personalising and tailoring our service for you;
- 4.2.6 Responding to communications from you;
- 4.2.7 Supplying you with email newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by checking the unsubscribe options in those communications);
- 4.2.8 Market research;
- 4.3 In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the services we can provide you without your consent for us to be able to use such data.
- 4.4 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you (by email) with information, news and offers on our service. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- 4.5 Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- 4.5.1 you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- 4.5.2 processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- 4.5.3 processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- 4.5.4 processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- 4.5.5 processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- 4.5.6 processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- 5.1 We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 4, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. As such, our general data retention period shall be for a period of two years. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our data retention policy.
- 5.2 Your data will only be stored within the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
- 5.3 Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
- 5.4 Steps we take to secure and protect your data include: penetration testing of the application and server; encryption of stored data; encryption of data during transmission. Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to us data via the internet.
- Parties With Whom You May Choose to Share Your Content
- 6.1 Your username will be publicised on our site against any Hookups that you post and/or bid on and this will be the identity by which you are known on the site and will therefore be available to any other users of the site.
- 6.2 Any information posted in a Hookup is visible to other users on the site. Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Site, such as your username, photograph and the information forming part of your profile, becomes available to other members when you ‘like’ a bid another user has placed on your Hookup, or when somebody who has posted a Hookup ‘likes’ your bid. At that point, both parties are freely able to exchange messages.
- 6.3 If you remove information that you posted to the site, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the site, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
- 6.4 Always think carefully before disclosing your data or other information to other site users or otherwise posting your data in internal messages. Please be aware that any of your data or other information which you choose to disclose on the site may then be viewed and even used by other users. We do not control the contents of communications made between users.
- 6.5 You must respect the privacy of others and you should not disclose any personal details about other people that may be misleading or cause them harm or offence. It is your responsibility to obtain their prior permission in respect of any mention of them where relevant.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- 7.1 We may share your data with other companies in our group. This includes our subsidiaries and our holding company and its subsidiaries.
- 7.2 We may contract with third parties to supply services (such as payment services and age verification) to you on our behalf. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. We currently contract with: Telecom2 Ltd of Cotswold House, 219 Marsh Wall, LONDON, E14 9FJ for payment services.
- 7.3 We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- 7.4 In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via our site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details).
- Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- 10.1 You may access certain areas of our site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- 10.3 You may withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data as set out in section in 4 at any time by contacting us using the details set out in section 13, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit our ability to provide the best possible services to you.
- GDPR Rights and How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Please contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 13.
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling.
- What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
- 12.2 By using our site you may also receive certain third party cookies on your computer or device. Third party cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. We may use third party cookies on our site for advertising services. These cookies are not integral to the functioning of our site.
- 12.3 All cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with current English and EU cookie law.
- 12.4 Before cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. The service will not function adequately without cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you should not use the service
- 12.5 Our site may use analytics services provided by Google or Amazon Web Services. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how people use our site. This, in turn, enables us to improve our site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our site, it does enable us to continually improve our site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- 12.6 You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- 12.7 You can choose to delete cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access our site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- 12.8 It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Contacting Us